What’s the Challenge?
We believe the Aker companies play an important role in standing up to face global environmental challenges. We challenge you to contribute to new and better ideas to help us reach our goals.
For the fourth time, we will gather 40 students for the Aker Talent Student Challenge. These talented young people will work in cross-functional teams to solve real sustainability challenges faced by nine Aker companies:
- Aker BioMarine
- Aker BP
- Aker Carbon Capture
- Aker Clean Hydrogen
- Aker Horizons
- Aker Offshore Wind
- Aker Solutions
The case challenges will cover a range of sustainability topics, including developing renewable energy solutions and new low-carbon concepts, digitalization and making current operations, products or services more sustainable.
Date: October 11 - October 12
Location: Engineerium, Snarøyveien 20, Fornebu
Available seats: 40
Costs: Travel costs will be covered for participants outside of Oslo
Apply by: September 17, 2021
- Work intensively for 30 hours to solve tasks
- Get coaching from industry professionals within Aker
- Apply a structured design thinking process using tools from the Aker companies
- Present their ideas in a PechaKucha style pitch contest
At the end of day two, all groups will present their solutions in front of a jury consisting of top management from the organizing companies.
At our previous events, about half of the participants were selected for internships or graduate positions.
- Students on their third to fifth year of study within the subjects engineering, computer science, business, cybernetics, renewables or similar
- Problem solvers who are curious by nature and want to make a change
- Team players with great collaboration skills
We are looking for people who are eager to shape a sustainable future for the industries we operate in and the world we serve.
So, if you are passionate about a sustainable future, join the challenge!
Please attach your CV, grade transcripts, diploma and other relevant papers and apply online. We are looking for a diverse candidate pool and welcome all relevant applications.
Please note: All applicants will be processed within the Aker Solutions recruitment system on behalf of all Aker companies. When you apply, you automatically agree on sharing your application and attachments with all the Aker companies.
NES Advantage is Aker Talent's recruitment service provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.